Johnny on the Spot offers top-quality portable bathrooms for rent with ultra-clean, reliable service. Whether you need cost-effective porta potties at a construction site, classy restroom facilities to impress your guests at an upcoming wedding or if you simply need to supply portable sanitation services at the beach club, JOTS is for you. We are a model company within the portable sanitation industry as reported by many trade publications and offer only the highest quality portable toilets and services for rent in all of NJ, NY, PA, CT & DE.
Johnny on the Spot Mission Statement
Our dedication to this three point mission makes us the best in the industry:
- Create great jobs. We are committed to being the best firm to work for in the portable sanitation industry. Well-kept employees maintain well-kept customers. We will remain diligent in protecting those that represent us well.
- Provide the best value. With a motivated team, detailed tracking systems, consistent investment and innovation in our portable restrooms and processes, we consistently exceed the expectations of a prestigious client list.
- Give back. We donate time, portable restrooms and funds to dozens of charities and special circumstances annually. Genuine concern makes this a special place to work.
View our Social Media Hub to connect with Johnny on the Spot!
Johnny on the Spot Timeline
Since 1970, Johnny on the Spot has been a leader in portable restroom rentals in NJ.
- Today – With ADA compliant porta-potties, Luxury Restroom Trailers, Hi Rise portable toilets for multi-level construction sites and other groundbreaking products and services, Johnny on the Spot remains committed to providing our customers with the most innovative temporary restroom solutions. Johnny on the Spot offers the industry’s best service as part of United Site Services, the nation’s largest temporary site services provider with over 70 locations from coast to coast. United Site Services is the most capable and comprehensive provider of quality portable restroom rentals, restroom trailer rentals and temporary fence rentals.
- July 2015 – Johnny on the Spot acquires Horizon Portable Toilets (Trenton, NJ). Many Horizon employees choose to remain with Johnny on the Spot at its new Trenton branch location strengthening JOTS as the leader in portable restroom rentals in Central NJ and Eastern PA & Philadelphia.
- June 2015 – Johnny on the Spot acquires On Site Johnny and has provided enhanced density in the already strong Bergen County, New Jersey portable sanitation market for the company.
- October 2014 – Johnny on the Spot acquires D. Lovenberg’s Portable Toilets, Inc. (Andover, NJ). Former owner, Dustin Lovenberg, remains a key Northern NJ branch manager with JOTS. The added capacity and expertise solidifies JOTS as the premiere portable sanitation provider in Northern NJ, Northeastern PA and Southern NY.
- April 2014 – Johnny on the Spot is recapitalized under Dubin Clark & Co., facilitating growth in to new markets, product/service and geographical, enhancing capacities and further improving the superior service provided to clients.
- March 2014 – Johnny on the Spot acquires the assets of Atlantic Restrooms based in Jackson, NJ.
- February 2014 – Johnny on the Spot introduces Fully Private High Rise Restrooms to further enhance construction project portable sanitation.
- 2013 – Johnny on the Spot introduces ADA Accessible Luxury Restroom Trailers and Barricade Fencing to its special event rental fleet.
- 2008 – Johnny on the Spot acquires the portable restroom assets of Van Sant Portable Toilets located in Bayville, NJ. Now with three locations throughout NJ, Johnny on the Spot provides even more prompt and reliable service to our valued customers. Read More
- 2008 – Johnny on the Spot introduces Temporary Fencing to our product offerings, bringing complete portable sanitation solutions to customers throughout New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- 2006 – Johnny on the Spot acquires Rent-A-John portable restrooms located in Sparta, NJ, adding to an already growing customer base and increasing efficiencies to Northern NJ, Southern NY and Northeastern PA. This acquisition also initiated the Elite Coaches Division, establishing Johnny on the Spot as the leader in Luxury Restroom Trailers.
- 1999 – Johnny on the Spot’s specifications for portable sanitation service vehicles become the industry standard, and the company builds a state-of-the-art facility in Old Bridge, NJ. Learn More.
- Mid 1990’s – Demand grows for more sophisticated sanitation systems for construction sites; Johnny on the Spot responds with Portable Water Systems that allow hand washing and fresh water flushing, even without sewer connections.
- 1990’s – Johnny on the Spot introduces “Celebrity” portable restrooms in NJ, exceeding customer expectations with our cleanest, roomiest, and most luxurious model to date. Widely imitated but never duplicated, the “Celebrity” model remains the most popular restroom rental in NJ for weddings and special events.
- Late 1970’s-1980’s – Johnny on the Spot is acknowledged as an industry leader not only inportable toilet rentals but also in customer service. The price difference between the best portable toilet service in NJ and the worst is less than a quarter a day. Johnny on the Spot always has, and always will, offer the best value for our customers’ dollars.
- Mid 1970’s – Recognizing the need for more durable and moisture resistant portajohns, Johnny on the Spot moves from fiberglass to plastic, which remains the material of choice for portable toilet manufacturers today.
- Early 1970’s – Johnny on the Spot becomes the first provider of fiberglass portable toilets in NJ.
- 1970 – Johnny on the Spot is founded with six homemade wooden portable bathrooms in original owner’s backyard as an addition to the services already provided by Central Jersey Septic.